Sunday, July 14, 2013

HEROIN CHIC


Kate Moss
Francisco Lachowski
Simone Nobili
Sky Ferreira

//I really like the heroin chic look. There. I said it. While I don't condone drug use, I can't help but gravitate toward models who look tired and beat up, and wish I appeared similarly, especially when they have those dark lines underneath their eyes. That's my favorite part. Made popular during the 90's by none other than Kate Moss, its lingering influence still pervades the industry. While some argue that the trend is over with the presence of the "sexy era" (e.g. Giselle Bundchen, Adriana Lima) I still believe there is that niche market. Waif-like and frumpy, it connotes familiar (and admittedly tired) buzzwords like edgy, grunge, raw, etc. For me, it brings to mind sheer adolescent madness a la Skins or something. Yes sir. I love it.

P.S. It's weird. I feel like I have a lot to say, but when it comes to actually writing in an actual blog post, it seems so short!

No comments :

Post a Comment